Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Jeannie and a Bottle


I've been working on my sim, Enchanted, the past week. I've added several new fun areas, one of those being a giant genie bottle on a cloud in the sky. Hmm, genie....I actually like to spell it, Jeannie as in I Dream of Jeannie, the TV show from the 70's. I happened to be Barbara Eden's biggest fan growing up and absolutely loved the show, I never missed an episode. As a matter of fact, I now have all the shows on dvd! Really, what young girl around the age of 10 or 11 wouldn't like Barbara Eden or wish they were her? She was gorgeous, could make things happen with the blink of an eye....well, both eyes, she lived with an astronaut AND she got to wear that lovely hot pink outfit! Need I say more? My mother made me a costume just like Jeannie's, too! Seriously, it was perfect and looked exactly like Jeannie's from head to toe! I even had gold sparkly slippers to match. I think I must've worn it every Halloween from about age 8 through 11. Well, I found one in Second Life that is pretty close to what the original looked like. It has everything except the scarf around your head that was connected to the little cap. This outfit comes with the cap and ponytail as one piece, and also has bangs and a hair base. I did not wear this part in the pictures because I just didn't care for the way it fit my shape and looked on me. I wore a high pontyail hair from Sirena instead. The outfit also came with a miniature jeannie bottle you can hold.

Now that I've told you the background of my "jeannie" days, maybe you will understand why I wrote this blog. I lift both arms, cross them and blink both eyes *poof*, see you next time!

Clothes: I Dream of Jeannie costume and mini bottle by MistySue Wallaby
Skin: DrLife Crystal in Tan by Leena Ying
Hair: Tyra in Pearl (blonds pack) by Natalia Zelmanov of Sirena
Giant Bottle: Gypsy's Genie Bottle by GypsyRainbow Nightfire of Hectic Moon
Cloud: Ashbourne 20 x 20 Cloud Sky Platform by PhoenixRene Ashbourne
Location: Enchanted of Elven Realm


The cloud itself extends out from where you see actual cloud and also has transparent "sides"



Inside the Jeannie bottle


Barbara Eden of the 70's sitcom (Larry Hagman of Dallas fame was her astronaut)


No comments:

Post a Comment