Sunday, August 22, 2010

It's Gridiron Time Again: Pro Football


I love football season and it's here again! When I was growing up I wasn't a big fan. I just remember during that time of year, my Dad would have the TV turned on loud with a football game on all the time, especially during the holidays. I remember the sound of a cheering crowd, the blow of the referee's whistle, the sports announcer's play by play, and of course, my Dad yelling, hehe. Back then I didn't think much of it, but now when I hear the sound of a game on TV, it brings back so many memories. It's funny how you remember other nice memories associated with football, like, crowds of people visiting, the smell of my Mom baking during the holidays, and just wonderful times. I do remember rooting for the same teams my Dad did, especially the Cowboys. I was born in Dallas and grew up most of my life in the Dallas area, so it only makes sense! Now, I'm a huge Dallas Cowboys fan and truly enjoy watching most all the games when I can.

Knowing it was that time of year again, I thought to myself how fun it would be to have some team jersies! I actually found my two favorite pro teams in game, the Cowboys and Saints! Of course there were MANY other pro teams available too. I was so excited!

Clothes: Tony Romo and Troy Aikman jersey by Vio Varriale of Violation, Inc.
EA Just Jeans in Stone Wash by Mex Thorn
Skin: Vixen/Mink 2 in Sundust Light by Gala Phoenix of Curio
Elf Ears: ICED Triple Hoop Elf Ears by Scarlet Chandrayaan

Hair: Dixie in Blonde 2 by AngelCross Skinstad of Cross


Location for all pictures: Diamond City-SFL Giants Stadium in Style and Elegance Sim




I also found a store that carried cheerleading uniforms for just about every team there is (pro and collegiate)! Each pro uniform comes with pom poms, a megaphone and sneakers with socks. Also, there were other versions of some teams. For example, she had a "Super Bowl" edition of the Saints uniform.

Clothes: Cowboys Cheerleader Uniform 9-10 Season by Akysha Zenovka of Flashpoint Fashions Skin: Vixen/Mink 2 in Sundust Light by Gala Phoenix of Curio
Elf Ears: ICED Triple Hoop Elf Ears by Scarlet Chandrayaan

Hair: Rachel in Blonde 2 by AngelCross Skinstad of Cross






My other favorite pro team is the New Orleans Saints! We visited New Orleans a few times when I was growing up, and I really liked it. It has such a diverse, interesting history and culture, plus, it is such a colorful town. Well, a while back, when my oldest son was three, we moved to the area. We lived across Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans in a beautiful, small town and ended up living there about six and a half years. I made some lifelong friends, plus I really enjoyed the time we lived there. My younger son, who's ten now, was also born there :)

I guess you might say my time there turned me into a Saints fan, even though at the time they didn't do well at all. However, I am loyal to a team or a school not because they win or lose, but because something has made that team special to me. You can imagine how happy I was, along with the city of New Orleans, when the Saints won their first Super Bowl ever!! WHO DAT!! What a season and a win! I'll never forget it.



Clothes: Drew Brees jersey by Vio Varriale of Violation, Inc.

EA Just Jeans in Stone Wash by Mex Thorn
Skin: Vixen/Mink 2 in Sundust Light by Gala Phoenix of Curio
Elf Ears: ICED Triple Hoop Elf Ears by Scarlet Chandrayaan
Hair: Dixie in Blonde 2 by AngelCross Skinstad of Cross




*Flashpoint* New Orleans Saints High Top by Akysha Zenovka of Flashpoint Fashions



Clothes: Saints Cheerleader Uniform 9-10 Season by Akysha Zenovka of Flashpoint Fashions
Skin: Vixen/Mink 2 in Sundust Light by Gala Phoenix of Curio
Elf Ears: ICED Triple Hoop Elf Ears by Scarlet Chandrayaan

Hair: Anise in Swedish by Truth Hawks of Truth



No comments:

Post a Comment